Posted on | March 31, 2012 | No Comments
- US stocks extend rally, dollar reaches 11-year high - Reuters March 2, 2015US stocks extend rally, dollar reaches 11-year highReutersNEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. stock prices rose on Monday, with the Nasdaq composite touching the 5,000-point mark for the first time in 15 years, while the dollar hit an 11-year high on expectations the Federal Reserve might raise interest rates later ...and more »
- Why It's So Hard to Stop ISIS Propaganda - The Atlantic March 2, 2015The AtlanticWhy It's So Hard to Stop ISIS PropagandaThe AtlanticOn Saturday, Chai Jing, a former television journalist from China, released a feature-length documentary film that, unusually for China, took the government to task. Titled Under the Dome, the video featured Chai giving a presentation on stage, using ...5 things to know about China's
- China's monetary policy - The Economist (blog) March 2, 2015The Economist (blog)China's monetary policyThe Economist (blog)CHINESE monetary policy is rarely straightforward. This weekend's interest cut was no exception. The third loosening move in little more than three months, it should be evident that China is now in all-out easing mode. But in describing its actions ...China's Rate Cut Renews Econom
- China and Russia vs. the United States? - The Diplomat March 2, 2015The DiplomatChina and Russia vs. the United States?The DiplomatIn his Foreign Affairs article “Asia for the Asians: Why Chinese-Russian Friendship is Here to Stay,” Gilbert Rozman listed six reasons why the Chinese-Russian partnership is durable. However, Joseph Nye, in a recent piece published in Project ...IS, Russia, China: all fascist statesSydney Mornin
- Dozens arrested in Hong Kong amid protests over China mainland shoppers - The Guardian March 2, 2015The GuardianDozens arrested in Hong Kong amid protests over China mainland shoppersThe GuardianProtesters in Yuen Long, in Hong Kong's New Territories just a stone's throw from mainland China, chanted to “cancel the multiple-entry permit” and “topple the Chinese Communist Party” as they complained about so-called parallel traders, who buy goods ...
- Prince William Sells 'Brand Britain' To China - Sky News March 2, 2015NBCNews.comPrince William Sells 'Brand Britain' To ChinaSky NewsThe trip is the first visit to China by a senior British royal for three decades and represents a significant test of the prince's diplomatic dexterity. Despite a turbulent political relationship between the UK and China, the Duke of Cambridge was ...Prince William in Beijing Prov
- Doomsday: Preparing for China's Collapse - The National Interest Online March 2, 2015The National Interest OnlineDoomsday: Preparing for China's CollapseThe National Interest OnlineA couple of weeks ago, AEI scholar Michael Auslin published a column for the Wall Street Journal about a quiet dinner in Washington where a senior China scholar declared the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) had reached the final stage before collapse.and more »
- China February HSBC PMI at seven-month high - Reuters March 2, 2015ReutersChina February HSBC PMI at seven-month highReuters"China's manufacturing sector saw an improvement in overall operating conditions in February, with companies registering the strongest expansion of output since last summer while total new business also rose at a faster rate," said Annabel Fiddes, ...China's Official Manufacturing P
- China's Long Food Chain Plugs In - New York Times March 2, 2015New York TimesChina's Long Food Chain Plugs InNew York TimesHONG KONG — The smartphone tells the story of a kiwi fruit in China. With a quick scan of a code, shoppers can look up the fruit's complete thousand-mile journey from a vine in a lush valley along the upper Yangtze River to a bin in a Beijing supermarket.From farm to the table: China'
- Why China's Consumers Are Flying To Japan To Buy Toilet Seats - Forbes March 1, 2015QuartzWhy China's Consumers Are Flying To Japan To Buy Toilet SeatsForbes“World-class toilet seats are not what Chinese manufacturers aspire to make,” the nationalistic Global Times sniffed on Thursday. The Communist Party paper was reacting to reports that China's tourists were eagerly snapping up Japanese goods ...Chinese shoppers are angry that