Posted on | March 31, 2012 | No Comments
- Gough Whitlam, Transformative Australian Prime Minister, Dies at 98 - New York Times October 22, 2014ABC OnlineGough Whitlam, Transformative Australian Prime Minister, Dies at 98New York TimesSYDNEY, Australia — Gough Whitlam, a former prime minister who introduced free university education and a national health care system in Australia — and who was also known for eclipsing President Richard M. Nixon's 1972 visit to China by turning up ...Gough Whitla
- China's Communist Party weighs boosting rule of law - USA TODAY October 22, 2014USA TODAYChina's Communist Party weighs boosting rule of lawUSA TODAYBEIJING — Farmer Xie Dezhong and his wife left home at 3 a.m. to slip past the men watching their place in southwest China. Despite warnings from police, the couple boarded a Beijing-bound train in search of justice for their dead son — and to crash ...What Does China Mean by 'Rul
- China Says 43 Suspected Ebola Carriers Cleared - Voice of America October 22, 2014Voice of AmericaChina Says 43 Suspected Ebola Carriers ClearedVoice of AmericaBEIJING—. China has broken its silence on suspected cases of Ebola in the country, reporting that 43 individuals in the southern province of Guangdong recently tested negative for the virus. Chinese media reported the country is stepping up measures ...and more »
- Why One Forecaster Sees a 'Long, Soft Fall' for China - Businessweek October 22, 2014Why One Forecaster Sees a 'Long, Soft Fall' for ChinaBusinessweekChina reported on Tuesday that its economic growth fell to a five-year low. But one forecaster says that's just the beginning. This week the Conference Board issued a 75-page white paper predicting that China's annual growth will dip below 4 percent in ...
- Sax and the City: Kenny G hits sour note in China with Hong Kong visit - Reuters October 22, 2014ReutersSax and the City: Kenny G hits sour note in China with Hong Kong visitReuters"Kenny G's musical works are widely popular in China, but China's position on the illegal Occupy Central activities in Hong Kong is very clear," ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told a daily news briefing. "We hope that foreign governments and ...Ken
- Ebola Fears Spark China Pullback in West Africa - Wall Street Journal October 22, 2014Ebola Fears Spark China Pullback in West AfricaWall Street JournalFREETOWN, Sierra Leone—The crane, the earthmover and several heavy trucks sit idle in the closed compound of China Civil Engineering Construction Co., a still-life portrait showing how Ebola has paralyzed Africa's biggest investors. “Nobody gets in ...
- China GDP Growth Rate Is Slowest in Five Years - Wall Street Journal October 22, 2014Wall Street JournalChina GDP Growth Rate Is Slowest in Five YearsWall Street JournalBEIJING—China's economy in the third quarter grew at its slowest pace in five years as it battles a slumping real-estate market and weak domestic demand and industrial production. The results on Tuesday make it increasingly likely that China will miss ...
- Philippines feels force of China travel warning - BBC News October 22, 2014BBC NewsPhilippines feels force of China travel warningBBC NewsThe beaches and restaurants of Boracay Island are usually bustling with tourists from around the world. But this year, they are quieter than usual. A travel advisory issued by Beijing has caused a sharp fall in arrivals from China. "We are worried and ...and more »
- Apple's iCloud Storage Service Is Aim of Attack in China - New York Times October 22, 2014New York TimesApple's iCloud Storage Service Is Aim of Attack in ChinaNew York TimesHONG KONG — For Apple in China, trouble seems to be the new normal. Cybersecurity monitoring groups and security experts said on Monday that people trying to use Apple's online data storage service, known as iCloud, were the target of a new attack ...China-backed ha
- Mixed Economic Signals From China - New York Times October 21, 2014New York TimesMixed Economic Signals From ChinaNew York TimesLi Keqiang, China's prime minister, boasted in a speech at a World Economic Forum meeting last month that nearly 10 million urban jobs had been created in the first eight months of the year, up slightly from a year ago. As a result, he said, he would ...China's economic growth weakest in