The shabby Bournemouth ‘love nest’ where murdered British businessman met his powerful Chinese ‘mistress’ (and she’s now accused of killing him) This is the shabby seaside flat where a British businessmen murdered in China conducted an affair with the woman who is chief suspect in his death, it is claimed. Read more Bo Guagua in […]
- Is the West ignoring China's terror threat? - CNBC November 26, 2015CNBCIs the West ignoring China's terror threat?CNBCBeijing's renewed crackdown against homegrown acts of violence has not only cast a fresh spotlight on terrorism in the mainland, but also sparked complaints over the world's perceived double standards when it comes to addressing Chinese efforts to ...Will China change its ways to counter ISIS?
- 25 Years of Stock Market Milestones for China - Bloomberg November 25, 2015Bloomberg25 Years of Stock Market Milestones for ChinaBloombergThis year has been a wild ride for Chinese stocks, something that long-time investors have come to expect from a country that's seen 55 bull and bear markets since the ruling Communist Party first allowed equity trading in 1990. As the Shanghai Stock ...Currency trader? Chinese banks want yo
- Sieren's China: Through the side door - Deutsche Welle November 25, 2015Deutsche WelleSieren's China: Through the side doorDeutsche WelleChina and 16 European countries launched an economic platform in 2012, to the annoyance of the European Union because Beijing did not consult it on the matter. The Chinese government insists on doing business with sovereign states as long as they ...China's 'Belt and Road' R
- The Chinese bond market is bubbling and troubling - The Economist November 25, 2015The EconomistThe Chinese bond market is bubbling and troublingThe EconomistCHINA'S domestic bond market has never been riskier. It was only last year that it suffered its first default. This year at least six companies have defaulted. The miscreants are a diverse lot, including a beverage bottler, a solar-panel maker and a ...and more »
- UK requests observer status in legal dispute over South China Sea islands - The Guardian November 25, 2015The GuardianUK requests observer status in legal dispute over South China Sea islandsThe GuardianThe case, which began on Tuesday, comes as China steps up its programme of building airstrips and defences in the contested Spratly Islands. Last month, the US raised the stakes by sailing a warship through a 12-nautical mile zone around two artificial ...Trouble
- Vanishing China Execs a Vexatious Mystery for HK Market - Voice of America November 25, 2015Voice of AmericaVanishing China Execs a Vexatious Mystery for HK MarketVoice of AmericaThe chairman of the Hong Kong arm of one of China's biggest securities companies goes missing. The head of another firm resurfaces after months incommunicado. An executive at a film studio is detained for allegedly taking bribes. They're not plot ...Fifa investig
- Beware of China's Safety Record - International New York Times November 25, 2015International New York TimesBeware of China's Safety RecordInternational New York TimesMeanwhile, too many Chinese buildings prove to be less sturdy than a house of cards, collapsing to the ground, killing occupants. Among recent examples, a two-story building under renovation in Henan Province collapsed to dust on Oct. 30, taking with ...
- China's most powerful weapon is trade - Financial Times November 25, 2015Financial TimesChina's most powerful weapon is tradeFinancial TimesInstead, Mr Najib, fresh from the glow of finding $700m from an unnamed Middle Eastern donor in his personal bank account, appeared to relish the chance of hosting the US president and Chinese premier, both of whom were in Kuala Lumpur last week to ...and more »
- ECB in China 'spillover' warning for euro zone - CNBC November 25, 2015CNBCECB in China 'spillover' warning for euro zoneCNBC"The slowing of growth in China since the beginning of 2015 has reduced euro area exports, in particular exports of machinery and transport equipment. This has had adverse repercussions, in particular, for exporters of manufactured goods, which account ...and more »
- China's Central Bank to Give Market Greater Say on Interest Rates - Wall Street Journal November 25, 2015Wall Street JournalChina's Central Bank to Give Market Greater Say on Interest RatesWall Street JournalBEIJING—China has long controlled its financial system through floors and ceilings on interest rates. Now get ready for its interest-rate corridor. The new approach -- described in a recent statement from China's central bank -- marks Beijing