The shabby Bournemouth ‘love nest’ where murdered British businessman met his powerful Chinese ‘mistress’ (and she’s now accused of killing him) This is the shabby seaside flat where a British businessmen murdered in China conducted an affair with the woman who is chief suspect in his death, it is claimed. Read more Bo Guagua in […]
- China worries push Asia stocks, US futures lower - CNBC August 31, 2015CNBCChina worries push Asia stocks, US futures lowerCNBCAsian equity markets kicked off the first trading day of the week lower as investors monitored China's volatile markets and commentary from Federal Reserve officials. Reports by The Financial Times over the weekend that Beijing may halt large-scale ...and more »
- Administration developing sanctions against China over cyberespionage - Washington Post August 30, 2015Administration developing sanctions against China over cyberespionageWashington PostThe Obama administration is developing a package of unprecedented economic sanctions against Chinese companies and individuals who have benefited from their government's cyber theft of valuable U.S. trade secrets. The U.S. government has not yet ...
- China's Financial Undertakers Reporting Astounding Earnings - Forbes August 30, 2015China's Financial Undertakers Reporting Astounding EarningsForbesThursday, China Cinda Asset Management Co. reported that first-half net profits soared 47.7% year-on-year. Assets were up 20.9% from the preceding half, reaching 657.96 billion yuan ($108.1 billion). Cinda, formed in 1999 as part of the Chinese central ...and more »
- Does China's Stock Market Have Further To Fall? - Forbes August 30, 2015ForbesDoes China's Stock Market Have Further To Fall?ForbesChina's ongoing stock market crash was one of the main reasons for the global market rout last week. Last month, I showed key technical levels to watch in the Chinese stock market to see if further bearish action was ahead. Those levels were broken to ...China: Credibility on the lineFinanc
- China punishes 197 over stock market and Tianjin 'rumours' - BBC News August 30, 2015BBC NewsChina punishes 197 over stock market and Tianjin 'rumours'BBC NewsChinese authorities have punished 197 people for spreading rumours online about the recent stock market crash and fatal explosions in Tianjin, according to state news agency Xinhua. A journalist and stock market officials are among those arrested ...China to relocate almost 1
- Warning Signs in US Presaged China's Stock-Market Plunge - Wall Street Journal August 30, 2015Wall Street JournalWarning Signs in US Presaged China's Stock-Market PlungeWall Street JournalLong before investors lost faith in the Chinese stock market, something seemed amiss at the ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles, where the stevedores and longshoremen process about 40% of U.S. trade with China. Jock O'Connell, a trade adviser in ...
- China's Next Problem: Paying for Its Stock-Market Bailout - Wall Street Journal August 30, 2015Wall Street JournalChina's Next Problem: Paying for Its Stock-Market BailoutWall Street JournalChina's epic stock-market drops over the past week give the impression that Beijing may have given up on trying to prop up the market or is at least retreating to defend a lower level. The question is, what will the government do with all that stock ...Ch
- Doubts about China's economic leadership sap confidence - U.S. News & World Report August 30, 2015U.S. News & World ReportDoubts about China's economic leadership sap confidenceU.S. News & World ReportThe Dow Jones industrial average has lost nearly 1,000 points since China's surprise move to devalue its currency Aug. 11. That step, in part an effort to align the yuan with market forces, was also seen by investors as a desperate bid to
- Military parade to lift curtain on China's 'game-changing' missiles, fighter fleet - CNN August 30, 2015Military parade to lift curtain on China's 'game-changing' missiles, fighter fleetCNNTate Nurkin is the Senior Director, Strategic Assessments and Futures Studies with IHS Aerospace, Defense and Security. He is also a member of the World Economic Forum's Global Agenda Council on Nuclear Security. The views expressed here are solely ...and
- Black Monday: The great fall of China - Aljazeera.com (blog) August 30, 2015Aljazeera.com (blog)Black Monday: The great fall of ChinaAljazeera.com (blog)This week, China, the world's second largest economy, suffered massive financial losses causing trillions of dollars to be wiped from global stock markets. On August 24, Chinese stocks suffered their steepest fall in one day, with Shanghai's main share ...and more »