The shabby Bournemouth ‘love nest’ where murdered British businessman met his powerful Chinese ‘mistress’ (and she’s now accused of killing him) This is the shabby seaside flat where a British businessmen murdered in China conducted an affair with the woman who is chief suspect in his death, it is claimed. Read more Bo Guagua in […]
- Samsung, Apple Lose Ground to China Smartphone Makers - Wall Street Journal October 30, 2014Wall Street JournalSamsung, Apple Lose Ground to China Smartphone MakersWall Street Journals and Apple Inc. 's dominance of the global smartphone market accelerated during the third quarter, as Chinese makers of low-cost phones continued to undercut the industry leaders, according to data from three market-share trackers released Thursday.
- Alibaba plays trademark card to protect lead as China's $8 billion e-commerce ... - Reuters October 30, 2014ReutersAlibaba plays trademark card to protect lead as China's $8 billion e-commerce ...ReutersBEIJING (Reuters) - A trademark spat between Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd and rival JD.com flared into public view after JD published an Alibaba letter urging publishers to be careful about advertising in promotions for China's ...Am
- Bad Loans Rise at China's Biggest Banks - Wall Street Journal October 30, 2014Wall Street JournalBad Loans Rise at China's Biggest BanksWall Street JournalBEIJING—Sour loans on the books of China's biggest banks have risen 22% since the start of the year, as slowing economic growth and overcapacity in a number of industries take an increasing toll on the financial sector. The bad loans remain only a ...UPDATE 3-China banks
- Hong Kong protests a 'national security issue' for China - Yahoo News October 30, 2014BBC NewsHong Kong protests a 'national security issue' for ChinaYahoo NewsTien was speaking a day after his brother, James Tien Pei-chun, was expelled from China's top parliamentary advisory body and resigned as leader of Hong Kong's pro-Beijing Liberal Party after urging the Leung to step down. Beijing has said it fully ...UPDATE 2-China
- Allegations of Mass SAT Cheating Delay Test Scores in China and South Korea - TIME October 30, 2014TIMEAllegations of Mass SAT Cheating Delay Test Scores in China and South KoreaTIMEAll students living in China and South Korea who took the SAT on Oct. 11 will have their test scores delayed and reviewed because of allegations of widespread cheating, officials from the College Board and its global test administration and security ...
- China expresses concern about Indian plan to build border posts - Reuters October 30, 2014ReutersChina expresses concern about Indian plan to build border postsReutersBEIJING (Reuters) - China's defense ministry on Thursday expressed concern over reports that India plans to build 54 new border posts along their disputed border, long a source of tension between the two giant neighbors. China defeated India in a brief ...China urges India not
- Fortunes Of Chinese Property Billionaires Tumble Amid Chilling Market - Forbes October 30, 2014ForbesFortunes Of Chinese Property Billionaires Tumble Amid Chilling MarketForbesThis year 17 real estate billionaires made the top 100 of the Forbes China Rich List. Their fortunes came to $63 billion, a 12% drop from the $71 billion that 21 property tycoons in the top 100 commanded last year. To put that in context, the total ...
- China's obsession with vertical cities - The Guardian October 30, 2014China's obsession with vertical citiesThe GuardianIn late September, the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat, a non-profit organisation that keeps the world's largest database on skyscrapers, held its annual conference in Shanghai – two years after its last meeting there. “We've never done ...
- United States praises China's growing role in Afghanistan - Reuters October 30, 2014CNN (blog)United States praises China's growing role in AfghanistanReutersBEIJING (Reuters) - The United States welcomed China's growing role in trying to ensure Afghanistan's stability on Thursday, saying a Beijing conference of foreign ministers on Afghan reconstruction this week shows its commitment to the region as ...China no substitute f
- China Eases Monopoly on Handling of Credit-Card Payments - Wall Street Journal October 29, 2014Wall Street JournalChina Eases Monopoly on Handling of Credit-Card PaymentsWall Street JournalBEIJING—China is taking a step toward easing its grip on credit cards, potentially resolving a long-running trade dispute with the U.S. and allowing foreign companies such as Visa Inc., MasterCard Inc. and other electronic-payment processors to have a ...UPDATE 2-Ch