The shabby Bournemouth ‘love nest’ where murdered British businessman met his powerful Chinese ‘mistress’ (and she’s now accused of killing him) This is the shabby seaside flat where a British businessmen murdered in China conducted an affair with the woman who is chief suspect in his death, it is claimed. Read more Bo Guagua in […]
- China's Roaring February Box Office Is Double North America's - Forbes February 12, 2016ForbesChina's Roaring February Box Office Is Double North America'sForbesIt was a headline-worthy occurrence last year when China's February movie box office total of 4 billion RMB (US$650 million) exceeded that of the U.S., the first time in history that China—or any other territory—out-grossed America over the course of ...
- Discover China's Love for Pre-Wedding Photos - TIME February 12, 2016TIMEDiscover China's Love for Pre-Wedding PhotosTIMEPre-wedding photography is a lucrative, multi-billion dollar industry in China, adding a playful, new custom to a country deeply rooted in ancient traditions. Martin-McGuire was drawn to the fantasy shoots that gave “a view into another facet of China ...
- China must manage debt bubble to avoid new crisis - CNBC February 12, 2016CNBCChina must manage debt bubble to avoid new crisisCNBCNow Brazil and Russia are in recession, while China and other Asian economies are losing momentum. Among a myriad of factors that are weighing emerging markets down, the growing burden of private debt has received most attention recently. And rightly ...
- UK challenges China over missing Hong Kong bookseller Lee Bo - BBC News February 12, 2016BBC NewsUK challenges China over missing Hong Kong bookseller Lee BoBBC NewsUnder Hong Kong law, Chinese police do not have jurisdiction in the territory. It is the first time the UK has accused China of a "serious breach" of the 1984 Sino-British Joint Declaration, the document in which China promised to safeguard Hong Kong's ...Britain says
- A China bank crisis? Not so fast, Deutsche Bank says - CNBC February 12, 2016CNBCA China bank crisis? Not so fast, Deutsche Bank saysCNBCProminent hedge fund manager Kyle Bass' call that a China banking crisis is imminent is already getting push-back, with Deutsche Bank calling it unlikely and exaggerated. "We think the article basically referred to a hard-landing scenario, for which ...China's coming crash could dwarf
- Early Look: China's Foreign Trade Likely Remained Soft in January; Surplus Widened - Wall Street Journal (blog) February 12, 2016Wall Street Journal (blog)Early Look: China's Foreign Trade Likely Remained Soft in January; Surplus WidenedWall Street Journal (blog)The headwinds that China's foreign trade has faced for months — sluggish domestic and global demand — likely persisted in January. That means, the trade surplus, the difference between outbound and inbound shipments,
- US to corral Asean support in South China Sea spat - Financial Times February 12, 2016Financial TimesUS to corral Asean support in South China Sea spatFinancial TimesLater this year an obscure international tribunal in The Hague will issue a decision about contested islands in the South China Sea. For the Obama administration, the ruling will be a seminal moment in the fierce disputes about the South China Sea — a ...and more »
- China's young reporters give up on journalism: 'You can't write what you want' - The Guardian February 12, 2016The GuardianChina's young reporters give up on journalism: 'You can't write what you want'The GuardianBeijing's decision to expel the French journalist Ursula Gauthier in December has thrust the dispiriting situation facing foreign correspondents in China into the headlines. But Chinese journalists are facing far greater challenges –
- Latin America: China's power play right under the U.S. - CNNMoney February 12, 2016CNNMoneyLatin America: China's power play right under the U.S.CNNMoneyChinese banks sent nearly $30 billion in loans to Latin American governments last year, more than double the amount from 2014. It's also more money than the World Bank and Inter-American Development Bank gave to the region last year combined, ...China doubles bets on ailing Latin
- This is the only solution to China's labor shortage - Business Insider February 12, 2016Business InsiderThis is the only solution to China's labor shortageBusiness InsiderSo what can China do? In the short term, the choices are to either import new workers or build better robots to replace people. The latter is already happening. The former is unlikely. One long-term solution works for everybody: Solve the aging problem ...and more »