“Anonymous” says plans more attacks against China sites The activist hacker group Anonymous plans to launch further attacks on Chinese government websites in a bid to uncover corruption and lobby for human rights, a member of the group said on Monday. China to see slow growth in Q2 coal demand The growth in China’s coal […]
- G-20 Binds China to FX Peace Pact for Post-Bubble Cleanup - Bloomberg September 5, 2015G-20 Binds China to FX Peace Pact for Post-Bubble CleanupBloombergGlobal finance chiefs persuaded China to join a foreign-exchange peace pact as they sought to contain the tensions unleashed by the country's stock-market rout and its August devaluation. Finance ministers and central bankers from the Group of 20 ...and more »
- China backs Putin's idea of developing Russia's Far East - Reuters September 5, 2015ReutersChina backs Putin's idea of developing Russia's Far EastReuters"The Far East development strategy coincides with China's strategy of north-east rebirth," Wang said. "(The) Russia-Chinese partnership will definitely bring generous fruits." But for Putin's campaign to attract Asian funds to Russia, timing may be h
- Chinese navy ships entered US waters off Alaskan coast - CNN September 4, 2015CNNChinese navy ships entered US waters off Alaskan coastCNNWhen a CNN crew was aboard a U.S. P8 surveillance aircraft near manmade islands off the coast of China -- islands the U.S. does not recognize as Chinese territory -- the Chinese military warned the flight crew eight times to leave Chinese territory ...Chinese naval ships came within 12 nautical mile
- Traders watching China after long weekend - CNBC September 4, 2015CNBCTraders watching China after long weekendCNBC"Over the weekend here the market's looking for another response out of China," said John Canally, investment strategist and economist at LPL Financial. "Next week's data out of China is key but I'm not sure anybody is going to embrace strong data ...
- China's New Video About Kicking America's Ass Is More Than Meets the Eye - VICE News September 4, 2015VICE NewsChina's New Video About Kicking America's Ass Is More Than Meets the EyeVICE NewsYesterday, China held a parade commemorating the 70th anniversary of World War II, and swore high and low that it wasn't flexing its military muscles in the process. Zhang Ming, vice minister of China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, told a press ...
- Officials: China cyber sanctions could come next week - CNN September 4, 2015CNBCOfficials: China cyber sanctions could come next weekCNNConventional wisdom had been that the sanctions would not come until after Chinese President Xi Jinping's state visit to Washington at the end of the month. Experts believed the White House was looking to gain leverage by the credible threat of ...US to hit China hackers before Xi's Washin
- Why Is China Parading Missiles on TV? - The New Yorker September 4, 2015The New YorkerWhy Is China Parading Missiles on TV?The New YorkerEven by the standards of military parades, Chinese leaders needed something big. They had chosen a name for a national celebration, on Thursday, that necessitated an extravaganza: “The Commemoration of the Seventieth Anniversary of Victory of the ...China's military parade was a 'peac
- A tour of European-themed ghost cities of China - CNBC September 4, 2015CNBCA tour of European-themed ghost cities of ChinaCNBCImages of hundreds of empty apartment buildings in new Chinese urban areas have generated worldwide fascination in the country's so-called ghost cities in recent years. Independent journalist and "Ghost Cities of China" author Wade Shepard said Friday ...
- Why many drivers in China intentionally kill the pedestrians they hit - National Post September 4, 2015National PostWhy many drivers in China intentionally kill the pedestrians they hitNational PostIn April a BMW racing through a fruit market in Foshan in China's Guangdong province knocked down a 2-year-old girl and rolled over her head. As the girl's grandmother shouted, “Stop! You've hit a child!” the BMW's driver paused, then switched i
- China parades 'carrier-killer,' missile advances - CNN September 4, 2015CNNChina parades 'carrier-killer,' missile advancesCNNGaps in capability remain -- most notably in the development of some sophisticated electronic systems and sufficiently reliable and powerful propulsion systems -- but China's defense industry is now producing warships and submarines, land systems and ...China just unveiled a new missile kno