China’s fiscal revenue up 14.7 pct in Q1 China’s fiscal revenue in the first quarter of the year rose 14.7 percent from the same period last year to hit nearly 3 trillion yuan (475.81 billion U.S. dollars), the Ministry of Finance said Friday. China cuts off internet access in bid to exert control As the […]
- Worry, mystification in China over Scotland independence vote - Reuters September 15, 2014ReutersWorry, mystification in China over Scotland independence voteReutersIn 2005, China enacted an "anti-secession law" that allows it to use force on Taiwan if deemed necessary. The law was seen as a warning to Taiwan's then-president, Chen Shui-bian, who angered the mainland with his independence-leaning rhetoric.and more »
- China anxiety saps Asian stocks, Aussie dollar hit hard - Reuters September 15, 2014ReutersChina anxiety saps Asian stocks, Aussie dollar hit hardReuters"As if traders didn't have enough to contend with this week what with the Scottish referendum and the FOMC meeting, China has flapped their hands in the air to remind everyone that they are facing an abrupt slowdown," Capital Spreads trader Jonathan ...Asian Markets Slide Aft
- Photos reveal China building on reefs in disputed waters - Sydney Morning Herald September 15, 2014Sydney Morning HeraldPhotos reveal China building on reefs in disputed watersSydney Morning HeraldSpy photographs obtained by Fairfax Media reveal that China is rapidly building artificial islands on reefs in fiercely disputed areas of the South China Sea. For centuries they were dots in turquoise waters, home only to sea birds. But the latest ...and more »
- China Industrial Production Growth Slumps to Six-Year Low - Wall Street Journal September 15, 2014Wall Street JournalChina Industrial Production Growth Slumps to Six-Year LowWall Street JournalBEIJING—China's economic engine sputtered in August as industrial production growth slowed to its lowest level since the 2008 global financial crisis, according to data released Saturday, increasing the chance that Beijing will step up stimulus ...China output
- China's 'creeping invasion' - Washington Post September 15, 2014China's 'creeping invasion'Washington PostTOKYO. A few months ago it looked like East Asia might be the place where the crumbling global order of the past quarter-century, centered on U.S. power and values, would face a decisive crisis. Chinese boats, planes and oil rigs were pressing into ...
- In Southern China, Residents Wary of the Government Protest a Plan to Burn ... - New York Times September 15, 2014Economic TimesIn Southern China, Residents Wary of the Government Protest a Plan to Burn ...New York TimesHONG KONG — Residents of a county in southern China thronged the streets in protest over the weekend to oppose a proposed garbage incineration plant, defying government warnings and police detentions. The protest was the latest of a succession of ...Chin
- The 13-Year Divide: India's Economy Looks Much Like China's in 2001 - Wall Street Journal September 14, 2014Wall Street JournalThe 13-Year Divide: India's Economy Looks Much Like China's in 2001Wall Street JournalNEW DELHI—India today doesn't look quite like the economic dynamo that, just a few years ago, some predicted would overtake China as emerging-markets champion. But the race looks a lot closer if you account for one key fact: China got a 13-
- IMF Formula: China GDP Grew 2.2% In 2013 - Forbes September 14, 2014IMF Formula: China GDP Grew 2.2% In 2013Forbes“Ten to 15 years ago, to create 1 million jobs, China needed 1.4% GDP growth,” said Markus Rodlauer, the chief of the IMF's China mission, in an interview with the official Xinhua News Agency released Friday. “Five to 10 years ago, it needed 1%. Now it ...
- US Treasury Warns China Over Antimonopoly Efforts - Wall Street Journal September 14, 2014Wall Street JournalUS Treasury Warns China Over Antimonopoly EffortsWall Street JournalBEIJING—U.S. Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew warned his Chinese counterpart in a recent letter that a spate of antimonopoly investigations against foreign companies could have serious implications for relations between the two countries, according to ...Treasury's Lew wa
- Malaysia Risks Enraging China by Inviting US Spy Flights - New York Times September 13, 2014Malaysia Risks Enraging China by Inviting US Spy FlightsNew York TimesBEIJING — Malaysia's reported invitation to the United States to fly spy planes out of East Malaysia on the southern rim of the South China Sea seems likely to intensify China's anger at American surveillance of the strategic waterway and its disputed ...and more »