China’s fiscal revenue up 14.7 pct in Q1 China’s fiscal revenue in the first quarter of the year rose 14.7 percent from the same period last year to hit nearly 3 trillion yuan (475.81 billion U.S. dollars), the Ministry of Finance said Friday. China cuts off internet access in bid to exert control As the […]
- US at UN calls North Korea 'living nightmare;' China overruled - Reuters December 22, 2014ReutersUS at UN calls North Korea 'living nightmare;' China overruledReutersRussia and China voted against the inclusion of North Korea on the council's agenda, but as there are no vetoes in procedural votes of the council, the Chinese attempt to defeat the measure failed. The last time the council held a procedural vote was ...China Said to P
- Ruble Swap Shows China Challenging IMF as Emergency Lender - Businessweek December 22, 2014BloombergRuble Swap Shows China Challenging IMF as Emergency LenderBusinessweekChinese officials signaled Saturday that they are willing to expand a $24 billion currency swap program to help Russia weather the worst economic crisis since the 1998 default. China has provided $2.3 billion in funds to Argentina since October as part ...China Offers Russia Help
- China Opens Inquiry Into Top Aide to Former President Hu Jintao - New York Times December 22, 2014New York TimesChina Opens Inquiry Into Top Aide to Former President Hu JintaoNew York TimesBEIJIING — The Communist Party has begun an investigation of a top aide to former President Hu Jintao, demonstrating the lengths to which President Xi Jinping is willing to go in his campaign to root out official corruption in China. Xinhua, the state ...Ling Jihua: Ch
- UPDATE 2-China approves imports of GMO Syngenta corn, Pioneer soy - Reuters December 22, 2014Chinadaily USAUPDATE 2-China approves imports of GMO Syngenta corn, Pioneer soyReutersChina, the world's largest soybean importer and fastest-growing corn market, also cleared imports of a DuPont Pioneer soybean variety, confirming the last of three expected approvals of GMO crops from different seed companies. Beijing has been taking ...China lifting G
- As relations with Cuba thaw, US must check Russia, China military interests - Fox News December 22, 2014As relations with Cuba thaw, US must check Russia, China military interestsFox NewsChina is now Cuba's second largest trading partner. The Chinese and Russians are not going to Cuba because it is a brilliant business opportunity -- they are going because the country needs massive foreign investment with little prospect for immediate ...and more »
- When Will China Finally Get Tired of Propping Up North Korea? - Mother Jones December 22, 2014Mother JonesWhen Will China Finally Get Tired of Propping Up North Korea?Mother JonesThe United States might not have much leverage over North Korea, but China does. Virtually all of North Korea's external trade is with China, and Chinese support is pretty much all that keeps North Korea from collapsing. This means that when the United ...Chinese Annoya
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war - The Week Magazine December 22, 2014The Week MagazineChina's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for warThe Week MagazineOver the last several months, Chinese leader Xi Jinping and the Chinese Communist Party have repeatedly exhorted the People's Liberation Army to "be ready to win a war." Xi has repeatedly called for greater military modernizatio
- China: There's No Proof That North Korea Hacked Sony - Gizmodo December 22, 2014China: There's No Proof That North Korea Hacked SonyGizmodo"[We have] reaffirmed China's relevant position [to U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry], emphasizing China opposes all forms of cyberattacks and cyber terrorism... Before making any conclusions there has to be a full (accounting of) the facts and ...
- In China, a Rapid Jump to Mobile Advertising - New York Times December 22, 2014New York TimesIn China, a Rapid Jump to Mobile AdvertisingNew York TimesAdvertisers increasingly want to be part of Mr. Liu's digital world — and of the other 527 million people in China with smartphones. Next year companies are expected to spend more money on digital advertising than on television campaigns in China.and more »
- US Asks China to Help Rein In Korean Hackers - New York Times December 20, 2014New York TimesUS Asks China to Help Rein In Korean HackersNew York TimesWASHINGTON — The Obama administration has sought China's help in recent days in blocking North Korea's ability to launch cyberattacks, the first steps toward the “proportional response” President Obama vowed to make the North pay for the assault on ...