China’s fiscal revenue up 14.7 pct in Q1 China’s fiscal revenue in the first quarter of the year rose 14.7 percent from the same period last year to hit nearly 3 trillion yuan (475.81 billion U.S. dollars), the Ministry of Finance said Friday. China cuts off internet access in bid to exert control As the […]
- Google Pursuing a Return to China - Wall Street Journal September 4, 2015Wall Street JournalGoogle Pursuing a Return to ChinaWall Street JournalFor more than a year, Google has been working on a version of its Play app store that includes only apps and services approved by the Chinese government, those people said. This app store would come installed on new smartphones made for the Chinese ...Google plans to return to mainland Ch
- Chinese Diplomat Talks Up Warm Relations Between U.S. And China - Huffington Post September 4, 2015Huffington PostChinese Diplomat Talks Up Warm Relations Between U.S. And ChinaHuffington PostShe spoke fondly of her personal experiences with what she called "people-to-people exchanges" between the U.S. and China, as well as praising projects like New York University's Shanghai campus. Zhang mentioned the economic benefits of good ...and mor
- Chinese Navy ships entered US waters off Alaskan coast - CNN September 4, 2015CNNChinese Navy ships entered US waters off Alaskan coastCNNWhen a CNN crew was aboard a U.S. P8 surveillance aircraft near manmade islands off the coast of China -- islands the U.S. does not recognize as Chinese territory -- the Chinese military warned the flight crew eight times to leave Chinese territory ...Chinese naval ships came within 12 nautical mile
- Officials: China cyber sanctions could come next week - CNN September 4, 2015The New YorkerOfficials: China cyber sanctions could come next weekCNNConventional wisdom had been that the sanctions would not come until after Chinese President Xi Jinping's state visit to Washington at the end of the month. Experts believed the White House was looking to gain leverage by the credible threat of ...Why Is China Parading Missiles on TV?
- G-20 Increasingly Concerned About Slowing Chinese Economy - Wall Street Journal September 4, 2015Wall Street JournalG-20 Increasingly Concerned About Slowing Chinese EconomyWall Street JournalANKARA—The world's biggest economies, rattled by recent market routs in China, are growing increasingly concerned that the country's slowdown could fuel further market instability globally and drag down growth. Finance leaders from the Group of 20 ...The
- China's troubles another loss for Vladimir Putin - CNBC September 4, 2015CNBCChina's troubles another loss for Vladimir PutinCNBCPutin is in China this week for a World War II commemoration ceremony and for talks with his counterpart, Xi Jinping. The focus of the trip, according to the Kremlin, is to discuss trade and economic issues. Both are big priorities for Russia and China ...Putin's China Energy Deals May Hide Pa
- A tour of European-themed ghost cities of China - CNBC September 4, 2015CNBCA tour of European-themed ghost cities of ChinaCNBCImages of hundreds of empty apartment buildings in new Chinese urban areas have generated worldwide fascination in the country's so-called ghost cities in recent years. Independent journalist and "Ghost Cities of China" author Wade Shepard said Friday ...
- Why many drivers in China intentionally kill the pedestrians they hit - National Post September 4, 2015National PostWhy many drivers in China intentionally kill the pedestrians they hitNational PostIn April a BMW racing through a fruit market in Foshan in China's Guangdong province knocked down a 2-year-old girl and rolled over her head. As the girl's grandmother shouted, “Stop! You've hit a child!” the BMW's driver paused, then switched i
- China's Smartphone Sector Set for Shakeout, Says Huawei - Wall Street Journal September 4, 2015Wall Street JournalChina's Smartphone Sector Set for Shakeout, Says HuaweiWall Street JournalBERLIN—Huawei Technologies Co.'s sales of smartphones and other consumer products are holding up in China despite slowing economic growth, with global revenue from the retail business set to grow 30% next year to more than $20 billion, according to ...and m
- China parades 'carrier-killer,' missile advances - CNN September 4, 2015CNNChina parades 'carrier-killer,' missile advancesCNNGaps in capability remain -- most notably in the development of some sophisticated electronic systems and sufficiently reliable and powerful propulsion systems -- but China's defense industry is now producing warships and submarines, land systems and ...Did China's New Assassin Mace Mi