China’s fiscal revenue up 14.7 pct in Q1 China’s fiscal revenue in the first quarter of the year rose 14.7 percent from the same period last year to hit nearly 3 trillion yuan (475.81 billion U.S. dollars), the Ministry of Finance said Friday. China cuts off internet access in bid to exert control As the […]
- ECB in China 'spillover' warning for euro zone - CNBC November 25, 2015CNBCECB in China 'spillover' warning for euro zoneCNBCChina's economic slowdown could pose risks for the euro area ranging from falling exports, capital outflows and exchange rate fluctuations, the European Central Bank (ECB) said on Wednesday. China is now the second-biggest economy after the U.S. and ...and more »
- Vanishing China execs a vexatious mystery for HK market - U.S. News & World Report November 25, 2015U.S. News & World ReportVanishing China execs a vexatious mystery for HK marketU.S. News & World ReportIn this Nov. 4, 2015 photo, Yim Fung, chairman and chief executive of Guotai Junan International Holdings Ltd., the Hong Kong unit of a Chinese securities company, attends an event in Hong Kong. The company said it was unable to reach Yim since Nov.
- China set to pledge more aid to Africa ahead of Xi's trip - Reuters November 25, 2015ReutersChina set to pledge more aid to Africa ahead of Xi's tripReutersBEIJING China is set to announce new aid to African nations when President Xi Jinping visits Zimbabwe and South Africa next month, a senior Chinese official said on Wednesday. The trip is likely to boost China's relations with Africa, which supplies ...China set to pledge more a
- Q. and A.: Christina Lin on China's Antiterrorism Efforts - New York Times November 25, 2015New York TimesQ. and A.: Christina Lin on China's Antiterrorism EffortsNew York TimesChinese leaders have long been wary of joining global efforts against terrorism, worried about becoming entangled in foreign conflicts. But in recent days, after a series of terrorist attacks that killed several Chinese citizens, China has faced ...Militant attacks abro
- The Chinese bond market is bubbling and troubling - The Economist November 25, 2015The EconomistThe Chinese bond market is bubbling and troublingThe EconomistCHINA'S domestic bond market has never been riskier. It was only last year that it suffered its first default. This year at least six companies have defaulted. The miscreants are a diverse lot, including a beverage bottler, a solar-panel maker and a ...New Rules for Chinese Finan
- China punishes university chiefs for driving 'fancy cars' and partying - The Guardian November 25, 2015The GuardianChina punishes university chiefs for driving 'fancy cars' and partyingThe GuardianThe punishments – the latest example of president Xi Jinping's offensive against corruption within the Communist party – were dished out to top officials at the Communication University of China, state media reported on Tuesday. It said two were sacke
- China's Earliest Monthly Economic Indicators Flash Warning Sign - Bloomberg November 25, 2015BloombergChina's Earliest Monthly Economic Indicators Flash Warning SignBloombergChina's economy is still showing a muted response to waves of monetary and fiscal easing as of the half-way mark for the last quarter of the year, some of the earliest indicators suggest. A privately compiled purchasing managers' index and a gauge ...
- Singapore's latest export to China? Chilli crab - CNBC November 25, 2015CNBCSingapore's latest export to China? Chilli crabCNBCSingapore is targeting a new export for China, already its largest trading partner: the city-state's iconic chilli crab. The dish is no minor matter in Singapore, where it's considered a "must try" for all tourists. For that matter, Singapore's ...and more »
- Not Quite A Heroine: Lesson From Taiwan's Beauty Queen On Resisting China - Forbes November 25, 2015ForbesNot Quite A Heroine: Lesson From Taiwan's Beauty Queen On Resisting ChinaForbesMiss Taiwan bared her anti-China political views over the weekend at the global beauty pageant Miss Earth 2015, which in turn stopped her from going on stage. Heroine's welcome? Think again. Ting Wen-yin, 22, concedes on Facebook FB -0.95% she wore ...China's
- Trouble is brewing in China - Minneapolis Star Tribune November 25, 2015Minneapolis Star TribuneTrouble is brewing in ChinaMinneapolis Star TribuneRolex Dela Pena/Pool Photo via AP Chinese soldiers marched in a parade Sept. 3 to commemmorate the 70th anniversary of Japan's surrender in World War II. Peace in the South China Sea is threatened by China's unprecedented demand to rule what have ...US raises military aid to