“Anonymous” says plans more attacks against China sites The activist hacker group Anonymous plans to launch further attacks on Chinese government websites in a bid to uncover corruption and lobby for human rights, a member of the group said on Monday. China to see slow growth in Q2 coal demand The growth in China’s coal […]
- Commodities fall saves China's blushes on growth - Financial Times July 5, 2015Commodities fall saves China's blushes on growthFinancial TimesChina's economy would have expanded at less than 6 per cent in the first quarter if not for the collapse in global commodity prices, according to data reviewed by the Financial Times, raising concerns about the government's ability to hit its 7 per ...
- China freezes share offers as market plunges in threatening blow to economy - ABC Online July 5, 2015ABC OnlineChina freezes share offers as market plunges in threatening blow to economyABC OnlineChina has frozen share offers and set up a market-stabilisation fund, as Beijing intensified efforts to pull stock markets out of a nose-dive that is threatening the world's second-largest economy, according to Wall Street Journal reports. Beijing's ...Ch
- Japan joins US-Australia war games amid China tensions - Yahoo News July 5, 2015Yahoo NewsJapan joins US-Australia war games amid China tensionsYahoo NewsSydney (AFP) - The United States and Australia kicked off a massive joint biennial military exercise on Sunday, with Japan taking part for the first time as tensions with China over territorial rows loom over the drills.Japan joins US-Australia war games in NT and Queensland amid China
- Hillary Clinton accuses China of 'stealing US secrets' - BBC News July 5, 2015BBC NewsHillary Clinton accuses China of 'stealing US secrets'BBC NewsUS Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton has accused China of stealing commercial secrets and government information. She accused China of "trying to hack into everything that doesn't move in America", and urged vigilance. US officials had ...Hillary Clin
- China lobbies hard ahead of Manila's South China Sea arbitration case - Reuters July 4, 2015ReutersChina lobbies hard ahead of Manila's South China Sea arbitration caseReutersManila filed the case in 2013 to seek a ruling on its right to exploit the South China Sea waters in its 200-nautical mile exclusive economic zone (EEZ) as allowed under the U.N. Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS). While legally binding, any ...The U.S. and China S
- China wants mothers to breast-feed, but they keep choosing formula - Washington Post July 4, 2015China wants mothers to breast-feed, but they keep choosing formulaWashington PostHONG KONG — An overwhelming number of young women in China are reaching for formula over breast milk prematurely to feed their newborns, despite government-led campaigns to promote breast-feeding as the exclusive diet of infants until 6 months of ...
- Turks protesting against China attack Koreans 'by mistake' - Yahoo News July 4, 2015Yahoo NewsTurks protesting against China attack Koreans 'by mistake'Yahoo NewsOver the last week hundreds of Turkish nationalists across the country have demonstrated to protest China's alleged Ramadan bans. A popular Chinese restaurant in Istanbul was attacked on Wednesday and had its windows smashed by a group protesters ...Hundreds march in
- China factory collapse: Six dead and 49 rescued - BBC News July 4, 2015BBC NewsChina factory collapse: Six dead and 49 rescuedBBC NewsA shoe factory has collapsed in eastern China, killing six workers, according to Chinese state media. More than 50 people were working in the factory in the city of Wenling, in Zhejiang province, when it collapsed at around 16:00 local time (08:00 GMT ...Nine dead in China building collapse, doze
- Taiwan stands up to China with World War II military parade - USA TODAY July 4, 2015USA TODAYTaiwan stands up to China with World War II military paradeUSA TODAYTAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) — Taiwan marched out thousands of troops and displayed its most modern military hardware Saturday to spotlight an old but often forgotten claim that its forces, not the Chinese Communists, led the campaign that routed imperial ...and more »
- China's Boom Has World Bank Worried - Bloomberg View July 2, 2015Bloomberg ViewChina's Boom Has World Bank WorriedBloomberg ViewBy urging Beijing to clamp down on wasteful investment, unsustainable debt, and a shadow banking industry run amok, it was delivering a clear enough warning that President Xi should stop fanning China's giant asset bubble. The World Bank was also ...World Bank Deletes Critical Passage o