“Anonymous” says plans more attacks against China sites The activist hacker group Anonymous plans to launch further attacks on Chinese government websites in a bid to uncover corruption and lobby for human rights, a member of the group said on Monday. China to see slow growth in Q2 coal demand The growth in China’s coal […]
- China Warns US Over Surveillance Flights - NPR (blog) August 28, 2014NPR (blog)China Warns US Over Surveillance FlightsNPR (blog)Beijing has rejected U.S. claims that one of its fighter jets acted recklessly in intercepting a U.S. Navy maritime patrol plane in the South China Sea last week, warning Washington to curtail or discontinue "close surveillance" flights near Chinese ...Will China stop buzzing US planes? Me
- Jack Ma Emerges as China's Richest Man Before Alibaba IPO - Bloomberg August 28, 2014BloombergJack Ma Emerges as China's Richest Man Before Alibaba IPOBloombergJack Ma is China's richest person. The 49-year-old founder and chairman of Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. has a net worth of $21.8 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. His assets include a 7.3 percent economic interest in China's largest ...Billionaire Ma
- Daily chart China's territorial disputes - The Economist (blog) August 28, 2014Daily chart China's territorial disputesThe Economist (blog)Since six months ago, all the major economic indicators for China have gone on a continuing nosedive - including manufacturing orders, export volume, commercial investments, graduate employment rate, corporate credits, foreign capital inflow, domestic ...
- Exclusive: Microsoft CEO Nadella to visit China amid antitrust probe - source - Reuters August 28, 2014ReutersExclusive: Microsoft CEO Nadella to visit China amid antitrust probe - sourceReutersIt is not clear if Nadella, who took over as Microsoft CEO in February, will meet with any Chinese government representatives as part of his visit, or try to resolve issues with the State Administration for Industry and Commerce (SAIC), one of China's ...China Pla
- China, Vietnam Try to Repair Ties After South China Sea Dispute - Wall Street Journal August 28, 2014Wall Street JournalChina, Vietnam Try to Repair Ties After South China Sea DisputeWall Street JournalA Vietnamese envoy's visit to China this week helped steady ties between the countries after a two-month standoff in the South China Sea, but former Vietnamese officials and security analysts said relief may be temporary amid Beijing's escalating pu
- Media Tycoon Critical of China Is Visited by Hong Kong Antigraft Agency - New York Times August 28, 2014New York TimesMedia Tycoon Critical of China Is Visited by Hong Kong Antigraft AgencyNew York TimesMr. Lai is an outspoken supporter of the democracy movement in Hong Kong, whose newspaper, Apple Daily, is frequently critical of the Chinese government. Besides Mr. Lai's house, the agency also searched the apartment of his top aide, Mark Simon.China move
- With an Eye on China, the US + Japan Draw Closer - OZY August 28, 2014OZYWith an Eye on China, the US + Japan Draw CloserOZYThe cause: an empowered, assertive China. Beijing's attempt to stake a claim to the Senkaku Islands (Diaoyu to the Chinese) in the East China Sea and provocative actions in international airspace are ticking off both Washington and Tokyo. But tensions ...China says 'no change' in policy on
- Gift-Bearing Officials Try to Lure Chinese Factories Inland - New York Times August 28, 2014New York TimesGift-Bearing Officials Try to Lure Chinese Factories InlandNew York TimesJust last week, officials from Chongqing, a sprawling metropolis in western China, met with a group of watch industry executives and offered an enticing package for them to move their factories there, said Stanley Lau, Renley's managing director.
- Modi Heads to Japan With Billionaires in China Balancing Act - Bloomberg August 27, 2014Modi Heads to Japan With Billionaires in China Balancing ActBloombergIndian Prime Minister Narendra Modi travels to Japan this weekend to boost ties between Asia's second- and third-biggest economies, both of which are embroiled in territorial disputes with an increasingly assertive China. Modi, 63, is leading a ...and more »
- Buzzing Taiwan's Airspace, China Stages a New High-Risk Stunt - Businessweek August 27, 2014BusinessweekBuzzing Taiwan's Airspace, China Stages a New High-Risk StuntBusinessweekFresh after nearly hitting a U.S. plane off the coast of China last week, the Chinese air force has staged an additional high-risk stunt. Two aircraft from the mainland twice entered Taiwan's airspace on Tuesday, Taiwan's defense minister told ...China planes