Increasing migration requires better family planning in China China’s family planning service, which has effectively implemented the one-child policy over three decades, is facing challenges from the increasing migrant population, said a senior family planning official in Beijing Friday. China pulls out 1 ship but no end to sea standoff China withdrew one of three […]
- In China, Suspicions Cloud Trade Dispute Involving Tech Companies - New York Times February 27, 2015New York TimesIn China, Suspicions Cloud Trade Dispute Involving Tech CompaniesNew York TimesBEIJING — At an elegant guesthouse here recently, China's top Internet regulator entertained ambassadors and diplomats with platters of tempura and roast on a spit, unusual lavishness in an era of official austerity in China, to celebrate the Chinese ...
- China's Yuan Slumps on Growth Worries - Wall Street Journal February 27, 2015Wall Street JournalChina's Yuan Slumps on Growth WorriesWall Street JournalChina's yuan fell to its weakest level against the dollar in more than two years on Friday, extending a decline driven by the prospect of a slowdown in the world's second-largest economy. Investors have been selling the yuan in recent months amid a ...China under pressu
- Chinese diplomat tells West to consider Russia's security concerns over Ukraine - Reuters February 27, 2015ReutersChinese diplomat tells West to consider Russia's security concerns over UkraineReutersQu Xing, China's ambassador to Belgium, was quoted by state news agency Xinhua late on Thursday as blaming competition between Russia and the West for the Ukraine crisis, urging Western powers to "abandon the zero-sum mentality" with Russia.China
- China's Neighbors Bulk Up Militaries - Wall Street Journal February 27, 2015Wall Street JournalChina's Neighbors Bulk Up MilitariesWall Street JournalMANILA—China's neighbors are moving forward with the modernization of their militaries with new fighter jets, submarines and other hardware, even as Beijing has tried to tamp down territorial tensions in the region. The military buildup is an ...The Ultimate Nightmare: Are th
- Americans See China's Economic Power as Diminished Threat - Gallup.com February 27, 2015Gallup.comAmericans See China's Economic Power as Diminished ThreatGallup.comPRINCETON, N.J. -- Forty percent of Americans regard "the economic power of China" as a critical threat to the vital interests of the U.S., down from 52% in both 2013 and 2014. Since last year, Americans have shifted more toward viewing China's ...Poll: US Fear O
- US Presses China on Bank-Technology Rules - Wall Street Journal February 27, 2015Wall Street JournalUS Presses China on Bank-Technology RulesWall Street JournalThe U.S. amped up pressure on China over proposed rules for technology in the Chinese banking industry that have become the latest flash point over cybersecurity between Washington and Beijing. U.S. Trade Representative Michael Froman criticized the ...Tech firms freak out as Chin
- China 'aggressively' expanding into South China Sea says US - The Guardian February 27, 2015The GuardianChina 'aggressively' expanding into South China Sea says USThe GuardianA Chinese Coast Guard vessel passes near the Chinese oil rig, Haiyang Shi You 981 in the South China Sea, about 210 km (130 miles) from the coast of Vietnam. The US says it is concerned at China's aggressive exertion of sovereignty in the sea.Construction in the
- Chinese love British culture but will they embrace Prince William? - CNN February 27, 2015CNNChinese love British culture but will they embrace Prince William?CNNAffluent Chinese parents are sending their children to British schools after some of the most notable names in British education have established campuses in China. Harrow, Wellington College and Dulwich College have all opened sister schools in the ...Hutongs, Xishuangbanna: A Peek at P
- China Bans Import of Ivory Carvings for One Year - New York Times February 26, 2015The GuardianChina Bans Import of Ivory Carvings for One YearNew York TimesBEIJING — In a move aimed at countering international criticism of skyrocketing Chinese demand for ivory that is decimating African elephant populations, China announced on Thursday a one-year moratorium on the import of ivory carvings. The State ...China bans ivory carving imports for
- In China, Civic Groups' Freedom, and Followers, Are Vanishing - New York Times February 26, 2015New York TimesIn China, Civic Groups' Freedom, and Followers, Are VanishingNew York TimesAnother employee fled China's capital, fearing he would be forced to testify against his colleagues in rigged trials. “The anxiety is overwhelming, not knowing if they are coming for you,” said the employee, Yang Zili, a researcher at the Transition ...