Increasing migration requires better family planning in China China’s family planning service, which has effectively implemented the one-child policy over three decades, is facing challenges from the increasing migrant population, said a senior family planning official in Beijing Friday. China pulls out 1 ship but no end to sea standoff China withdrew one of three […]
- China Stocks Rally as Volatility Jumps to Highest in Seven Years - Bloomberg June 30, 2015BloombergChina Stocks Rally as Volatility Jumps to Highest in Seven YearsBloombergChinese stocks rallied, with the benchmark index posting an intraday swing of nine percent, as a gauge of volatility jumped to the highest in seven years. The Shanghai Composite Index gained for the first time in four days, rising 3.4 percent to 4,189 ...China's wild stock
- China stock slide adds to Greek jitters; yen, bonds in favour - Reuters June 30, 2015ReutersChina stock slide adds to Greek jitters; yen, bonds in favourReutersVolatility in China's stock market in recent days has rippled through Asia, weighing on stock markets from Mumbai to Australia, and prompting investors to rush to the sidelines. MSCI's broadest index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan .MIAPJ0000PUS ...Asia Markets Slide on
- Sinosphere | China Fears Loss of Great Wall, Brick by Brick - New York Times (blog) June 30, 2015New York Times (blog)Sinosphere | China Fears Loss of Great Wall, Brick by BrickNew York Times (blog)The Great Wall in northern China cannot be seen with the naked eye from high orbit above the Earth or from the moon, as some people believe. For centuries, those who have wanted to see the wall have had to make a trip to Asia to lay eyes on one of the ...Almo
- Has China's Stock Bubble Popped? - Forbes June 30, 2015ForbesHas China's Stock Bubble Popped?ForbesChina's red-hot stock market fell approximately 25 percent in the past couple weeks due to increasing regulatory scrutiny and growing bubble fears. The 145 percent rally began last summer after the government further opened the nation's equity market ...Stocktake: Bulls take fright in ChinaIrish Time
- A Scientific Ethical Divide Between China and West - New York Times June 29, 2015New York TimesA Scientific Ethical Divide Between China and WestNew York TimesBEIJING — China is spending hundreds of billions of dollars annually in an effort to become a leader in biomedical research, building scores of laboratories and training thousands of scientists. But the rush to the front ranks of science may come at a ...
- China's Magic Tricks Can't Save Its Stock Market - Bloomberg View June 29, 2015Bloomberg ViewChina's Magic Tricks Can't Save Its Stock MarketBloomberg ViewThe truth is that the plunge in Chinese stocks was long overdue. China's longest-ever bull market was government-driven, fueled by central bank liquidity and a public-relations bonanza. The question now is whether Beijing's policy apparatus has lost ...China'
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank: Australia sixth-biggest shareholder in ... - ABC Online June 29, 2015ABC OnlineAsian Infrastructure Investment Bank: Australia sixth-biggest shareholder in ...ABC OnlineAustralia has become a major shareholder in the first China-led multilateral institution, the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB). Representatives from 50 countries, including Treasurer Joe Hockey, took part in a signing ceremony of the ...57 countries
- This is China's biggest problem, expert says - CNBC June 29, 2015CNBCThis is China's biggest problem, expert saysCNBCChina's growth story is "basically over," and the country's recent stock battering reflects "horrible" fundamentals, one economist said Monday. The biggest roadblock for the world's second-largest economy is dependency on exports to the United States ...and more »
- ZTE's Nubia Z9 shows China can bring great smartphones to the US - The Verge June 29, 2015The VergeZTE's Nubia Z9 shows China can bring great smartphones to the USThe VergeHere in the US, it's been hard to get excited about smartphones from China. Huawei is one of the largest smartphone makers in the world and has plenty of interesting phones in its lineup, but it only sells mediocre low-end devices to American consumers.China's be
- 'Ghost Fleet' Depicts War Between China, U.S. - U.S. News & World Report June 29, 2015U.S. News & World Report'Ghost Fleet' Depicts War Between China, U.S.U.S. News & World ReportAuthors Peter W. Singer and August Cole expand their research as defense analysts into the realm of imagination about a not-too-distant future that could find the U.S. at war with a great power like China. Singer is a strategist at the New America .