Increasing migration requires better family planning in China China’s family planning service, which has effectively implemented the one-child policy over three decades, is facing challenges from the increasing migrant population, said a senior family planning official in Beijing Friday. China pulls out 1 ship but no end to sea standoff China withdrew one of three […]
- Trans-Pacific Trade Deal a Setback for China - Wall Street Journal October 5, 2015Wall Street JournalTrans-Pacific Trade Deal a Setback for ChinaWall Street JournalA sweeping trade deal concluded on Monday marks a victory for Japan and other U.S. allies in the battle with China over shaping the future of global commerce. The 12-member Trans-Pacific Partnership, which doesn't include China, highlights the price ...and more »
- Is China Really Collapsing? - Forbes October 5, 2015ForbesIs China Really Collapsing?ForbesA widely held Western view of China is that its stunning economic success contains the seeds of imminent collapse. This is a kind of anchoring bias, which colors academic and think-tank views of the country, as well as stories in the media.In this ...China's Place in the Global OrderSTRATFORall 88 news articles »
- Scientists from Ireland, Japan and China win Nobel medicine prize - Chicago Tribune October 5, 2015Chicago TribuneScientists from Ireland, Japan and China win Nobel medicine prizeChicago TribuneThree scientists from Ireland, Japan and China won the Nobel Prize in medicine on Monday for discovering drugs against malaria and other parasitic diseases that affect hundreds of millions of people every year. The Nobel judges in Stockholm awarded the ...First Nob
- Hong Kong closes higher on hopes for China stimulus - MarketWatch October 5, 2015MarketWatchHong Kong closes higher on hopes for China stimulusMarketWatchThe Hang Seng China Enterprises Index HSCEI, +2.03% , a gauge of Chinese companies with listings in Hong Kong, rose 3.8%. The wider Hang Seng Index HSI, +1.62% closed up 1.8%, led by Macau casinos, energy stocks and Chinese financial firms.China's Huarong to Start Taking Orders for
- iPhone users across China installed an app promising porn and free movies ... - Quartz October 5, 2015QuartziPhone users across China installed an app promising porn and free movies ...QuartzTwo weeks after Apple suffered one of its biggest security blows ever, another strain of malware has affected some users in China, where the company remains a beloved brand. According to research from Palo Alto Networks, a California-based network ...New iOS malware tric
- World Bank cuts Asia growth forecast - BBC News October 5, 2015BBC NewsWorld Bank cuts Asia growth forecastBBC NewsThe World Bank has cut its growth forecast for the Asia Pacific region for this year and next, because of the risks posed from a sharp slowdown in China and raising US interest rates. The bank now expects growth in developing East Asia and the Pacific ...World Bank cuts East Asia growth forecast...againCNBC
- Typhoon roars into south China, killing 9 - U.S. News & World Report October 5, 2015U.S. News & World ReportTyphoon roars into south China, killing 9U.S. News & World ReportIn this Oct. 3, 2015 photo provided by China's Xinhua News Agency, ships berth at Xingang harbor in Haikou, capital of south China's Hainan Province. Tens of thousands of people have been evacuated from coastal areas of southern China, with a strong ...
- How About Some (Gulp) China ETFs? - Wall Street Journal October 5, 2015Wall Street JournalHow About Some (Gulp) China ETFs?Wall Street JournalInvestor concerns over China's economy reached a fever pitch this summer as China's stock market flailed. Despite the selloff, some proponents of China exchange-traded funds are steadfast. They say the long-term potential for such a vast market is ...and more »
- China's Middle-Class Dreams in Peril - Wall Street Journal October 5, 2015Wall Street JournalChina's Middle-Class Dreams in PerilWall Street JournalXINXIANG, China—In this city of almost 6 million people, a successful English-language school illustrates the aspirations of an emerging middle class. Deng Yi'ou, its 38-year-old owner, owns a house and car, and her school is flourishing as more ...
- Africa ties with China are about more than raw materials - Financial Times October 4, 2015Financial TimesAfrica ties with China are about more than raw materialsFinancial TimesChina is slowing and trying to shift to a consumer-driven model that will inevitably depend less on African raw materials, and commodity prices are tumbling as a result. Further, some international investors, spooked by the prospect of rising US ...and more »