Increasing migration requires better family planning in China China’s family planning service, which has effectively implemented the one-child policy over three decades, is facing challenges from the increasing migrant population, said a senior family planning official in Beijing Friday. China pulls out 1 ship but no end to sea standoff China withdrew one of three […]
- Why China's Manufacturers Started Building Their Own Brands - Forbes May 23, 2016ForbesWhy China's Manufacturers Started Building Their Own BrandsForbesWhen China first became a global industrial epicenter it was known for contract manufacturing, OEMs, abject knock-offs, and an entire ecosystem of producers who flooded the markets of the world with low cost, no-name electronics, textiles, and other goods.
- A Rare Look Inside China's Central Bank Shows Slackening Resolve to Revamp Yuan - Wall Street Journal May 23, 2016Wall Street JournalA Rare Look Inside China's Central Bank Shows Slackening Resolve to Revamp YuanWall Street JournalBEIJING—Behind closed doors in March, some of China's most prominent economists and bankers bluntly asked the People's Bank of China to stop fighting the financial markets and let the value of the nation's currency fall. Th
- Why China is having so many problems ramping up wind power - Washington Post May 23, 2016Washington PostWhy China is having so many problems ramping up wind powerWashington PostChina holds the record as the world's top wind installer, accounting for about a third of the total global installed wind capacity. The United States trails in second place, accounting for just more than 17 percent. But despite its higher total ...Why China's Wi
- China's Aviation Market Is Taking Hold - International New York Times May 23, 2016International New York TimesChina's Aviation Market Is Taking HoldInternational New York TimesTAIPEI — In the mid-1980s, more than three decades after Mao Zedong's communist revolution, David Dixon was one of the first capitalists allowed by a wary Beijing to fly over China in a business jet — with an escort. “You had to have what was called ...and
- In China, Old-School Stocks Are Back in Style - Wall Street Journal May 23, 2016Wall Street JournalIn China, Old-School Stocks Are Back in StyleWall Street JournalHONG KONG—China's stock-market recovery has taken on a retro feel in recent weeks, as Beijing resorts to debt-fueled investment spending to prop up the country's growth. “Old-economy” stocks, including state-owned companies in sectors such as steel ...and more »
- US lifts Vietnam arms embargo in move to counter China - Fox News May 23, 2016Fox NewsUS lifts Vietnam arms embargo in move to counter ChinaFox NewsPresident Obama lifted the decades-long U.S. arms embargo against Vietnam on Monday in an apparent effort to shore up the communist country's defenses against an increasingly aggressive China – though he faced criticism that the move takes away U.S. ...China Delivers Muted Response to
- The US And China Are Both Wrong On Steel - Forbes May 23, 2016ForbesThe US And China Are Both Wrong On SteelForbesThe United States and China have begun a “bilateral steel dialogue” to discuss curbing surplus global supplies. China is the world's largest steel producer and exporter. The United States is the fourth largest producer and a leading importer, so a ...and more »
- China university rule change sparks protests in 4 provinces - Financial Times May 23, 2016Financial TimesChina university rule change sparks protests in 4 provincesFinancial TimesProtests against changes to China's university admission system spread to a fourth province on Monday as authorities scrambled to contain growing anger over one of the most important issues for parents in the country's emerging middle class — their ...
- China plans base station for rescue operations in South China Sea - Reuters May 23, 2016ReutersChina plans base station for rescue operations in South China SeaReutersThe civilian bureau has 31 ships and four helicopters conducting rescue missions in the South China Sea, and officials from the department told the China Daily they work with the military on such efforts. Officials said the rescue ship base station ...SOUTH CHINA SEA WATCH: ChinaW
- After 8 Years Of Calm, Old Foes Taiwan And China Start Arguing Again - Forbes May 23, 2016ForbesAfter 8 Years Of Calm, Old Foes Taiwan And China Start Arguing AgainForbesA new president took office in Taiwan Friday without fully agreeing to talks with her government's old political rival China. Chinese officials have warned that Taiwan must come to the table on their conditions. Despite anxiety from Beijing to ...China's Taiwan SqueezeW