China continued last week to use its economic power and deep pockets to buy influence around the globe. Xinhua reported that China has almost 360 investment projects in Cambodia at present, with a total amount of foreign direct investment (FDI) of 1.43 billion U.S. dollars as of 2011. China agreed to increase investments in Cambodia’s […]
- Tesla Bows To China Challenge With Market Reboot - Forbes March 27, 2015ForbesTesla Bows To China Challenge With Market RebootForbesBottom line: Tesla's China reboot appears to be complete, paving the way for it to gain some traction in the market by year end if it can effectively target the nation's wealthy, image-conscious trend setters. Nearly a year after driving into China on ...
- UPDATE 2-Iron ore slump set to shrink China's mining capacity - Reuters March 27, 2015UPDATE 2-Iron ore slump set to shrink China's mining capacityReutersSHIJIAZHUANG, China, March 27 (Reuters) - A slide in iron ore prices is turning the screw on China's fragmented mining sector, paving the way for closures and consolidation with three-quarters of the country's mining capacity operating at a loss ...and more »
- China stocks may be in serious bubble - MarketWatch March 27, 2015MarketWatchChina stocks may be in serious bubbleMarketWatchMacquarie China economist Larry Hu, speaking at the same event, said Chinese stocks still have room to grow, if only because the country is in the process of reforming and developing its equity markets as a channel for companies to raise funds directly.China's Stocks Rebound as Rail and Construc
- Vietnam Plays Key Role in China-Japan Aid Battle - Wall Street Journal March 27, 2015Wall Street JournalVietnam Plays Key Role in China-Japan Aid BattleWall Street JournalHANOI, Vietnam—In the battle between China and Japan for economic pre-eminence in Asia, Vietnam is center stage. Beijing and Tokyo have plied the country with investment and aid, with an eye to building up low-cost manufacturing bases there. Vietnam's ...China Hits Out
- South Korea Plans to Join Regional Development Bank Led by China - New York Times March 27, 2015ForbesSouth Korea Plans to Join Regional Development Bank Led by ChinaNew York TimesSEOUL, South Korea — South Korea on Thursday became the latest American ally to announce its intention to join the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank despite Washington's qualms about the Chinese-led regional development bank. The South Korean ...U.S. Getting Left Behi
- China to invite foreign forces to join military parade for war anniversary - The Guardian March 27, 2015The GuardianChina to invite foreign forces to join military parade for war anniversaryThe Guardian“Through the military parade, China hopes to demonstrate our firm stance, join hands with the rest of the world, safeguard the victorious outcome of the second world war, maintain world peace and stability, and create a better future for mankind,” Geng ...China
- Oil Producers Sound Retreat From China - Wall Street Journal March 26, 2015Wall Street JournalOil Producers Sound Retreat From ChinaWall Street JournalBEIJING—Global oil companies are unwinding some big bets they made on China—and that is bad news for the Chinese companies, which need their know-how. Falling oil prices have forced oil bosses to slash planned investments that now look less likely ...China's Cnooc shelves shale
- Which US Companies Are Doing the Most R&D in China and India? - blogs.hbr.org (blog) March 26, 2015blogs.hbr.org (blog)Which US Companies Are Doing the Most R&D in China and India?blogs.hbr.org (blog)Over 200 publicly listed American companies have R&D budgets that exceed $100 million annually. Which companies allocate the highest proportion of that budget to engineering in China and India, specifically? And what drives their success with these ..
- China's anti-corruption crackdown reaches US - CNNMoney March 26, 2015CNNMoneyChina's anti-corruption crackdown reaches USCNNMoney"We continue to encourage China to provide strong evidence and intelligence to ensure that our law enforcement agencies can properly investigate and prosecute cases related to the alleged corruption," U.S. State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said ...China is using an operation call
- Cambodia Publicly Endorses China Position on South China Sea - Voice of America March 25, 2015Voice of AmericaCambodia Publicly Endorses China Position on South China SeaVoice of AmericaCambodia's leader has publicly endorsed China's position that territorial disputes in the South China Sea cannot be solved through the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). In Phnom Penh, Prime Minister Hun Sen said Wednesday the issue ...US Policy