China ‘guru’ promoting group sex faces arrest Police are looking for China’s leading Tantra guru, Qin Mingyuan, after they closed down three of his meditation centers for allegedly encouraging group sex and wife swapping. Read more Chinese, Russian warships gather for joint drill Chinese and Russian warships gathered at the eastern Chinese harbor of Qingdao […]
- US business lobby says concerned China antitrust probes unfair - Reuters September 2, 2014ReutersUS business lobby says concerned China antitrust probes unfairReutersThe American Chamber of Commerce in China is the latest business lobby to air its grievances over a series of investigations scrutinizing at least 30 foreign firms, as China seeks to enforce a 2008 anti-monopoly law. There are growing perceptions that ...U.S. Companies Say China Subj
- Interview: China's role in WWII victory against Japan forgotten by West ... - Xinhua September 2, 2014Interview: China's role in WWII victory against Japan forgotten by West ...XinhuaLONDON, Sept. 2 (Xinhua) -- China played a major role in the Allies' victory against Japan in World War II (WWII), but its wartime contributions were largely forgotten in the West due to the quick arrival of the Cold War, a leading British historian ...and more »
- China banking crisis 'almost certain' - Sydney Morning Herald September 2, 2014Sydney Morning HeraldChina banking crisis 'almost certain'Sydney Morning Herald"We don't know when there will be a China banking crisis and how it will play out but it is almost certain there will be one," said Mr Stein, a professor at the University of London who served as chief economist at consulting firm Lombard Street from ...an
- China accuses MPs of Hong Kong 'interference' - BBC News September 2, 2014BBC NewsChina accuses MPs of Hong Kong 'interference'BBC NewsThe Chinese authorities have accused British MPs of interfering in Hong Kong's affairs, Newsnight has learned. They are trying to block an influential Westminster committee from carrying out an inquiry into the ongoing tensions in Hong Kong. The ...Beijing Abandons Pragmatism on Hong
- Japan and India Pledge to Strengthen Ties as China Rises - Bloomberg September 2, 2014Indian ExpressJapan and India Pledge to Strengthen Ties as China RisesBloombergThe declaration comes three months after Modi took office pledging to take a tougher stance with neighbors China and Pakistan on border disputes, and hours after Japan said three Chinese coast guard vessels entered waters near disputed islands. Japan ...Indian Leader Narendra Modi
- Parent Stabs to Death 3 Students and Teacher at School in China - New York Times September 1, 2014The GuardianParent Stabs to Death 3 Students and Teacher at School in ChinaNew York Times2 in the fifth-grade section at 10:20 a.m. and stabbed students and the teacher with a fruit knife. Three students died on their way to the hospital, and two had severe injuries. On Monday night, China Central Television, the state network, said on ...Three children kill
- China May Be Biggest Winner From Ukraine Crisis - Voice of America September 1, 2014Voice of AmericaChina May Be Biggest Winner From Ukraine CrisisVoice of AmericaThousands of miles away from the Ukrainian battlefields of Donetsk and Novoazovsk sits the country that may end up being the largest beneficiary of the turmoil along Russia's southwest border: China. With Russian President Vladimir Putin rewriting the ...Russia and China laun
- With eye on Japan, China plans Martyrs' Day - USA TODAY September 1, 2014USA TODAYWith eye on Japan, China plans Martyrs' DayUSA TODAYBEIJING — China has established a national day to commemorate the country's martyrs, state media said Monday, the latest of several recent steps by Beijing to intensify commemoration of its war-time fight against Japan, including orders that TV ...
- 'China to take a very strong stand on US surveillance over Hainan Island' - RT (blog) September 1, 2014RT (blog)'China to take a very strong stand on US surveillance over Hainan Island'RT (blog)Both China and US know that surveillance is a part of their relationship, however Hainan Island is an extremely important asset to China since its nuclear armed submarines are located there, and international specialist on China Andrew Leung told RT.
- Retreat in China's PMIs heightens calls for policy easing - Reuters September 1, 2014ReutersRetreat in China's PMIs heightens calls for policy easingReutersChina's economy has had a rocky spell this year. Growth sank to an 18-month low of 7.4 percent in the first quarter before edging up to 7.5 percent between April and June. Hopes that the mild rebound would gain traction were dashed last month when ...HSBC's China Manufactur