China ‘guru’ promoting group sex faces arrest Police are looking for China’s leading Tantra guru, Qin Mingyuan, after they closed down three of his meditation centers for allegedly encouraging group sex and wife swapping. Read more Chinese, Russian warships gather for joint drill Chinese and Russian warships gathered at the eastern Chinese harbor of Qingdao […]
- India-Vietnam offshore oil-exploration agreement faces China wall - Times of India September 17, 2014Economic TimesIndia-Vietnam offshore oil-exploration agreement faces China wallTimes of IndiaChinese foreign ministry spokesman Hong Lei said China wouldn't object to any "legitimate and lawful" agreement between Vietnam and a third country. However, Hong added, "If such agreement concerns waters administered by China or if such cooperati
- China Joins ECB in Adding Stimulus as Fed Scales Back - Bloomberg September 17, 2014Wall Street JournalChina Joins ECB in Adding Stimulus as Fed Scales BackBloombergChina's central bank joined its European counterpart in boosting liquidity to address weakening growth, underscoring a divergence in direction among the world's biggest economies as the U.S. reduces stimulus. The People's Bank of China is injecting 500 ...China Ce
- Australia Urges Russia and China to Support Coalition Against Islamic State - Wall Street Journal September 17, 2014Wall Street JournalAustralia Urges Russia and China to Support Coalition Against Islamic StateWall Street JournalAustralian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop and U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry sign a security agreement in Sydney in August. On Tuesday, Ms. Bishop urged Russia and China to support international efforts to stop Islamic State. European Pressphot
- Chinese Leader Visits Sri Lanka, Challenging India's Sway - New York Times September 17, 2014New York TimesChinese Leader Visits Sri Lanka, Challenging India's SwayNew York TimesCOLOMBO, Sri Lanka — President Xi Jinping of China arrived in Sri Lanka on Tuesday for a 23-hour trip to this island nation to sign a raft of agreements as China chips away at India's traditional dominance in the region. Mr. Xi's plane traveled from ...
- Risky business: China dumps our dirty coal - Sydney Morning Herald September 17, 2014Sydney Morning HeraldRisky business: China dumps our dirty coalSydney Morning HeraldAs much as a quarter of all coal shipped through Newcastle goes to China, up from less than 10 per cent a few years ago. Coal shipped through the port - the largest coal export port in the world - is running at around 170 million tonnes a year at present.China to Ban Coal Wit
- China takes anti-corruption drive overseas - Financial Times September 16, 2014MacroBusinessChina takes anti-corruption drive overseasFinancial TimesUnderlining Beijing's rising economic and political clout, Communist party officials have already launched an investigation into assets and individuals based in New Zealand, a country that counts China as its biggest trade partner. It is unclear ...China Extends Reach of Anti-Corrupti
- Ahead Of Alibaba: The Chinese Economy - Forbes September 16, 2014ABC NewsAhead Of Alibaba: The Chinese EconomyForbesAlibaba is at its very essence a Chinese company, run by a Chinese management team, with Chinese customers, and the overwhelming majority of its revenue coming from business in China. To really understand the prospects of Alibaba, understanding the ...Alibaba Risk: China's Rise Leaves out InvestorsABC N
- China's Unhappy Rich - Wall Street Journal September 16, 2014Wall Street JournalChina's Unhappy RichWall Street JournalAbout 30 Chinese officials, including managers of state-owned companies, are known to have committed suicide so far this year. Among them were several high-profile cadres under investigation for graft, which confirms that supreme leader Xi Jinping's ...
- Sri Lanka Backs China's Maritime 'Silk Road' Plan - ABC News September 16, 2014ABC NewsSri Lanka Backs China's Maritime 'Silk Road' PlanABC NewsChinese President Xi Jinping won Sri Lanka's support Tuesday for a proposed maritime "Silk Road" linking China with Europe, and helped launch billion-dollar power plant and port city projects funded by his government. Xi, the first Chinese leader to ...China's
- Role Reversal: India's Growth May Surpass China's by 2016 - Businessweek September 16, 2014BusinessweekRole Reversal: India's Growth May Surpass China's by 2016BusinessweekChina's President Xi Jinping is due to arrive in India tomorrow, and for a change he's the one with an economy heading in the wrong direction, not Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. After several dismal years, growth in India is rebounding, and the ...The E